Thursday, January 10, 2013

Let's Fly Blog Hop

Today I am taking part in the fabulous 'Let's Fly' blog hop. More than 50 designers from across the world have come together to celebrate the start of 2013 by creating a mini design collections featuring Pantone Colour of the Year, Emerald, and based on the theme 'flying'.

If you're taking part in the blog hop you will have arrived here from the WONDERFUL Natalie Alexander's blog, isn't her work gorgeous?! If you've landed on my blog and want to take part in the blog hop you can start from the beginning of the hop here or hop back to Natalie's blog and do the whole thing backwards!

I'll take a second to introduce myself; I'm Rosie, a twenty-something graphic design graduate with a passion for both graphic and surface design, and a style that incorporates both these passions. I love to work with colour and texture and combine graphic illustrations and typography to make a real feast for the eyes!

Here is a sneak peek of my working, I was inspired by how a butterfly develops into a beautiful creature and spreads it wings and flies, hand drawing all my motifs and choosing a fresh colour palette featuring Emerald.


So without further ado, I present to you my Emerald Flying inspired designs, hope you like them!




This year I have some big goals for myself; first and foremost, I want to achieve my first licensing deal. Seeing my surface pattern designs on products has always been my dream and this year I hope to make it a reality!

Thanks for visiting, if you want to see more of my work please take a look around my blog or visit my website. You can also follow me on Twitter and Facebook

I will now pass you on to the wonderful Tiffany Designs, enjoy the rest of the hop!

Big thanks to Rosie from Believe Creative Studio for curating this wonderful blog hop.

Images copyright Rosie Simons 2013

28 comments:

  1. I love your colour palette choice and fresh, bright designs Rosie. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the organic feel from your motifs as it combines so perfectly with what green brings with it-calm, Lively, renewing etc!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosie I love your style and the colours are wonderful! Well done =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sketchy design style is really coming over here - lovely group. Best of luck achieving your goals this year x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice designs Rosie! Best in 2013, may all your design dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fun & fresh feeling. love your style, great use of texture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work, you definitely made a difficult color work! Good luck on 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great style and fabulous colour palette to work with the emerald green, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely use of color Rosie, they are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful mini collection rosie and I love seeing your sketches too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your collection, could see it on many products! Very commercial me thinks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rosie- love your designs. I would have loved to use pink but just couldnt make it work. You did! Shine bright in 2013! julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. so pretty Rosie.. my fav is the circles one, just beautiful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The middle design is just FAB. Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all gorgeous! I'm going to swing around to everyone's blog and pin my fave design :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great and sweet patterns. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty!!! I am in love with the polka dots, love the color palette, lovely work Rosie!!
    Wish you a fantastic 2013 may all your dreams come true!!
    Thanks for participating in the bloghop and thanks for the credit. I really appreciate it!
    Believe!
    Rosie Martinez-Dekker X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great combination of colors, really made that emerald green shine.
    Best for 2013

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty and sweet designs Rosie! I love the side views of the butterflies, so nicely illustrated! Wishing you all the best in 2013! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet and playful! Love the colours, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really lovely designs Rosie! Gorgeous colour palette. I hope you achieve all your goals in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great designs, the color combos are wonderful. Really like the circle pattern design!

    ReplyDelete
  23. They are really fun and playful and work so well together! I think the circle pattern is my favorite! Best wishes to you for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely designs Rosie and fantastic use of colour! Good luck in 2013 :-)

    ReplyDelete