Monday, November 19, 2012

Do What You Love

If you've been following the blog for a while you'll probably know that I took 'The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design' e-course from Do What You Love and Rachael Taylor back in September..


I've been meaning to do a follow up piece about the course since it ended in October, but the opportunities and briefs the course gave me were so incredible that it doesn't really feel like it has ended!

The course was fantastic, 6 weeks jam-packed full of behind the scenes information, all the business and technical sides to design world that they don't teach you at uni, amazing live briefs and much much more!


My favourite thing (besides all the amazing information we were given) is the community created by the course. I have met some really fantastic people, and it's great to be able to share ideas, get feedback and bounce ideas off other likeminded people, who all have different experiences in and around the design industry.

Another thing that I loved about the course was that it really encouraged you to be yourself, to do what feels right to you, whatever that may be and people will love you for who you really are.


The course encourages you that if you believe in yourself you can free yourself and live the life you have always dreamed of. It also encouraged me to get back to my creative roots and that was how the inspirational illustrative prints in this post came about. They show my passion for design and determination to live the life I have always dreamed, which without ABSPD I thought could never happen, and I want to share this inspirational feeling with others. So a MASSIVE thank you to Rachael and Beth, for giving me this opportunity and for creating such an amazing ongoing community of designers and creatives.


If you are thinking about taking the course, do not hesitate, it really will change your life!

The prints featured in this post are now available to purchase from my Etsy store! A great print for your wall to keep you inspired or a great gift for inspiring others!


All images copyright Rosie Simons 2012

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jooles, I'm so glad you love the prints and took the time to come and visit my blog as I love to read yours! X

    ReplyDelete