Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cable Knit Obsession

I seem to have developed an obsession with cable knit items.


Last winter when in NYC and it was -15ºc I purchased a cable knit beanie from The North Face.




Now the autumn is setting in my cable knit obsession is growing.. Last week I purchased some brown suede boots with fold over cable knit ankles from Sainsburys.. unfortunately I don't have a picture to share, but they have a chunky button on the side and are just adorable! They are fleece lined and cannot wait to wear them! 


I also purchased 2 cable knit cushions from Tesco, I have been looking for some for ages but they also cost a fortune and as much as I would love to be crafty and make my own, I just don't have the time. These were just £10 each and are lovely and soft and cuddly!





You'd hope that by this point I would have fulfilled by cable knit urges, but no, I'm still going! On Sunday morning I was browsing amazon and it suggested I take a look a some cable knit hunter welly boot socks.. dangerous territory as I have wanted hunter welly socks for ages now, and added with the cable knit they became a 'please can I have these for my birthday' request!



Now I have just discovered that they do matching mittens to my north face hat, which I think I need to survive the winter! I'm a massive mitten fan, especially when they are knitted and lined with fleece like these!


So maybe I will allow myself to buy the mittens to stop my fingers falling off in the cold and hope that they put an end to my obsessive cable knit item buying!



No comments:

Post a Comment